Thursday, September 07, 2006

RACHEL AND THE RABBI

Well, where has the time gone? Since my last blog a lot has happened! I actually am only on here because my husband told me to go BLOG these stories now! So here goes...

Today I went to the tailor to pick up a pair of pants. A nice gentlemen asked me to go ahead of him. I thanked him and spoke to the lady Donna behind the counter and gave her a congratulations. The gentlemen asked what the congratulations was for and I said she had just had her baby. I then asked Donna if she was ready for 6 more babies and she laughed and said "no." Due to that statement he inquired if I really had 7 kids. I assured him that I did. He said to me "you must be a good catholic girl." I replied with a firm deep voice that you may know that I have "NO, but I am a GREAT MORMON GIRL!"Our conversation then went on as he told me he was a rabbi. I believe he said rabbi Doddick. He told me he was privilege to go through the San Diego Temple a few years ago. He was so impressed that he wrote up an article. He told me somehow that article got to Salt Lake City to an Elder there by the name of Elder Gordon. I let him know I knew President Gordon B. Hinckley and could that be the same man. "Yes, he replied. He said he talked to me and asked me if he could publish his letter in some church paper he had. He then told me that because of that being published many mormons wrote to him and how much he appreciated getting those notes. I proceeded to try to convert the rabbi by telling him some of the things that were in common with the Mormons and the Jews. He then told me "You know we are really one!" I thanked the rabbi for his time and told him it had been a pleasure meeting him and named off a few of my Jewish friends that I someday hope would join the Mormon church including this rabbi! What a peaceful feeling it is to share the Gospel in such great comfort as I knew the spirit was with me. As I left I could only think how lucky I was to be a "GREAT MORMON GIRL!"

O.K. if you are still reading this you can take a break, read on or quit! This is really MY BLOG for a talk that I may have to give in a Stake Conference and I have such a bad memory that this is to HELP ME!

I just lost the 2nd story I guess I'll be typing it again tomorrow as it is really even bettter than the Rabbi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home